Q: Your shop is empty. / Where do I buy your work?
A: I tend to sell out pretty quickly (usually within minutes of restocking) so if the shop is empty, everything from the last restock has been purchased, and I am in the process of creating more.
My work is currently ONLY available on my website www.mishesofficial.com.
Q: When is the next shop update?
A: My shop is updated roughly once a month, typically on a Saturday, but this can sometimes be a bit sporadic.
Restocks are announced on this website (check the top of the page), my blog, via emailed newsletter called MishMail (sign up here), & multiple times across all of my social media accounts on the days leading up to a restock.
Q: Do you take custom orders? / When will you be making more of a particular item?
A: No. I do not have the time to create custom orders AND keep my shop updated on a regular basis.
While its likely that a particular design or idea may come back around, what I want to make varies from month to month, so it’s hard to give an exact answer. I also reserve certain pieces for specific times of the year, which both prevents my work from becoming repetitive and helps keep my pieces truly one of a kind.
Q: Can I reserve something ahead of time? / Do you have anything available that isn’t on your site?
A: I am ONE person, only capable of hand-making a small batch of figurines each month. I do NOT accept reserves, holds, or secret hand outs of any kind - it's just not fair. Everything in my shop is first come, first serve.
Q: Do you offer payment plans?
A: No, I do not currently accept payment plans of any type.
Q:How much do your pieces cost? How do you price your art?
A: As a full time, handmade artist, pricing each piece includes, but is not limited to: my current skill set, materials used, time spent, attention to detail, and business overheads.
I strive to offer a variety of pieces at varying price points to accommodate a range of budgets. Prices in upcoming restocks may vary, and are subject to change at any time, but for the most part typically start at or around:
- Mishes - $60-$70
- Mishlings - $40-55
- Sprockets - $45-50
- Prints & Merch - $5-$15
All prices shown are USD and do not include shipping! Shipping rates are calculated for you based on combined shipping weight & location. For exact prices, please check the blog, restock posts & newsletter emails.
Q:I signed up for MishMail but haven't received any emails?
A: This has been a reoccurring issue that I unfortunately have no control over. HOWEVER there are a few things you an do:
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so your email provider recognizes Mishes.
- Refresh your inbox manually and/or give your email provider up to 24 hours. Some servers take longer to process incoming emails (yahoo, aol, & hotmail are particularly cranky).
- Give your spam/junk folder a good once over - if you find MishMail there, make sure you move it to the inbox.
- Unsubscribe and then resubscribe. Make sure your email is correct (you should receive a "subscription confirmation" type email when you sign up.)
- Check your spam filters, firewalls, and make sure email@example.com isn't blocked.
Please note that if you sign up for MishMail after I have sent the current newsletter, you will not receive MishMail until the NEXT restock.
If you are still having trouble receiving MishMail please visit https://mailchimp.com/about/tips
Q: Adoption Tips!
A: Beware that my shop tends to sell out quickly! Sometimes within minutes! Once listings are live, how and when they are purchased is completely out of my control. I am not responsible for you missing a restock for any reason.
- Set an alarm, turn on post notifications & alerts, and check the time zone differences! With the exception of technical difficulties, restocks go live within a few minutes of the launch time! I will always make an announcement (check my instagram stories) if I run into any issues during the restock or need to push back the date/time!
- Read through all of the FAQs & restock posts! (THIS PAGE!) Everything you need to know, from shipping times & cost, to info on pre-orders & returns, can be found here.
- Make sure your internet connection is strong, and give yourself enough time before the restock to charge your device, login to your account, and make sure your email and default shipping information is correct & saved! Don't have a FREE member's account? Register here!
- As of right now my shop is not capable of saving payment information until AFTER a purchase has been made. However, I have created a work around for you. Simply follow the instructions on this coloring page listing. Alternatively you can use an accelerated payment method such as Apple Pay (which is rumored to be the fastest!) or PayPal, just make sure all of your info is plugged in and correct ahead of time!
- Figurines go FAST, so make any merch purchases ahead of time (or after!). I also recommend purchasing one figurine at a time to maximize your success.
- Remember that items are not yours simply because they are in your cart. You must FULLY complete the purchasing process. (You will receive an order confirmation email).
***Please do not message me about not getting the piece you wanted. I know missing out sucks, and I’m sorry about that, but harassing me won’t change anything. Part of the fun is trying to grab what you want as fast as possible. Check and double check your info & settings, follow the above tips, and try again next time!
Q: Shipping - When, how, and how much?
A: With the exception of pre-orders, items typically ship out within 7 business days of purchase, to the address provided at checkout. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR SHIPPING INFORMATION IS CORRECT.
I ship figurines worldwide, at cost, via USPS Priority, which includes tracking & insurance, and all merch is shipped via USPS First Class. Shipping is calculated at check out (ranging from $3 to over $50) based on the combined weight of everything purchased + location of buyer, and typically arrives within 1-3 weeks.
I also offer USPS First Class International shipping for international buyers only, which is half the cost of priority (usually in the $15 to $25 range). It still has tracking but does not include insurance, and takes longer to be delivered. International buyers, please also note that you are responsible for any additional customs fees that your country requires to complete delivery - customs fees & subsequent delivery delays vary depending on location. I absolutely will NOT falsify information on federal documents just so you can avoid paying customs fees. It is illegal, and I refuse to put myself, my business, and my customers at risk.
I know it is ridiculously expensive and I am sorry for that. I do everything in my power to keep shipping costs as low as possible, while ensuring your item(s) arrives safely.
Q: I ordered more than one item, will you combine shipping?
A: I automatically combine shipping when you make multiple purchases to the same address. Please keep in mind that while this usually results in shipping overage refunds, sometimes it doesn’t. If you would rather I ship your purchases individually, PLEASE leave a note in one of your orders at checkout!
Q: I’m local, can I just pick up my order or meet you somewhere?
A: No. I am far too busy these days to meet up in person and I do not want people coming to my private home to pick up orders. Please make purchases through my online shop and they will be shipped directly to your door.
Q: Where’s my package?
A: It is VITAL that you make sure your email address is correct AND working! I cannot send you order confirmations, shipping & refund notifications, tracking numbers, or contact you in the event of a problem.
If your package is running late (and it's not holiday season), please call your local post office and have your name & tracking number on hand! If you suspect that it was stolen, I recommend getting your local police involved. It is your responsibility to make sure your packages are being delivered to a safe address.
***Please understand that I am not liable or responsible for your package, in any way, once it leaves my hands, and I have absolutely ZERO control over delivery times, postage rates, & customs fees.
Q: Returns/Exchanges & Refunds
A: Due to the one of a kind handmade nature of my work, I do not currently accept refunds, returns, or exchanges. Please review all information provided prior to purchasing, and shop seriously!
Shipping fees are non-refundable and I do not issue refunds, nor am I responsible for lost or stolen packages. If a package is returned to me unopened, with no explanation, I will refund your purchase (minus shipping) and re-list the item(s).
If you have any problems with your order, please contact me ASAP via email so that we may work together to find a solution.
I reserve the right to refuse, cancel, and refund any order, at any time, for any reason. Especially if fraud, abuse, or harassment (toward myself or other small businesses/artists) is suspected.
Q: My creature is damaged, what do I do?
A: Creatures are crafted and packaged with the utmost care in regards to durability & protection. However, accidents do happen (and the postal service isn’t known for being gentle).
If your creature arrives damaged:
- Fixing the damage yourself is usually quite simple with a steady hand and a dab of super glue - I recommend loctite gel. I am more than happy to assist you through your own repairs via email, however, I am not responsible for any further damage caused by your repairs.
- If the damage is more extensive than a simple gluing, email me with photos of the damage within 7 days of delivery. After we've discussed the appropriate action, ship the broken creature back to me in its original packaging. Once I receive the broken creature, I will either repair and reship your piece (at no additional charge to you), or I will issue a refund minus shipping fees.
Polymer clay is surprisingly strong, but it is not indestructible. Especially around joints and thin protruding areas, if dropped. Also, keep in mind that due to their handmade nature, figurines may display slight imperfections such as: textured matte feel, finger prints, dust, bumps, seams, tool impressions, etc. Imperfections do not equal damage.
Q: I have contacted you (email/DM/comment/etc) and haven’t heard anything back. Are you ignoring me?
A: I am a one woman show, which means I do all the art, answer all the emails, interact on all the social media platforms, process all the listings & shipments, etc. I am also a wife and mother of 3, so things are bound to fall through the cracks occasionally. It is not my intention to overlook or ignore messages. If it has been more than 7 business days and you still haven’t heard from me, please send your message again!
However, I will NOT waste time answering repetitive questions that are easily answered by reading through this page or the saved posts on my social media profiles. This info is here for YOU!
Also please keep in mind that I receive hundreds of notifications & DMs from my social media accounts DAILY! While I try my best to keep up, their messaging platforms aren't the most reliable way to get in touch with me. If it’s important and/or has to do with an order of yours, EMAIL ME.
Q: There wasn’t a receipt, care instructions, or any kind of business card in my package.
A: In an effort to reduce costs & waste, and to lower my impact on the environment, I have done away with any unnecessary products. This includes: receipts, business cards, care sheets, double boxing, etc. Aside from tape (I’m working on this!), my packaging is now completely plastic free & made of recycled materials. Please do your part by reusing and/or recycling them once you receive your order.
I am always happy to accept my packing materials (crinkle paper + Mishes box) that have been sent back to me to reuse on future orders.
If you require a physical receipt, it is up to you to login to your email and/or member account and print it out. Other important information can always be found throughout my website & social media profiles.
Q: Are your figurines just for indoor display, or can they be used outside in my fairy garden? Can my child play with them?
A: As cute and playful as my creatures may be, they are not toys, but one of a kind, collectible art sculptures intended for the adult collector’s indoor displays. They are not suitable for child’s play or outdoor use.
Please see my fully detailed Creature Care page for more details on how to care for your figurines.
Q: How do I leave a review?
A: *Please note that this info may change soon, as I am researching new/better review programs for my website! Thank you!
If you have any issues with your creature, adoption, and/or order, please contact me directly before leaving a review.
To write your own review;
- Navigate to the Adopted page & look for your creature’s listing. Alternatively you can find your creature by typing their # (found on their bottom & on their ID card) into the site’s search feature.
- Once on your creature’s page, scroll to the bottom, past the description, to where it says “Customer Reviews”, and click “write a review”.
- Fill in the form & click “submit review”.
- You’re all done! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It means the world to me! Not only do your reviews help other customers, they also let me know how I’m doing!
Make sure to tag me in/email me photos of your figurines when they arrive home! I would love to see them and share them (with your permission) on my social media pages!
Q: Can you teach me, give me business tips, and/or post tutorial videos?
A: I have zero desire (or time) to teach, and while I occasionally post short videos and tips in my stories and feeds on social media, live and/or tutorial type videos aren’t really my cup of tea. Please do not take that the wrong way, it doesn’t stem from any selfish or elitist need to “protect my secrets of the trade” (I will talk freely about those at any given time), but rather from my own introverted nature.
For those seeking to learn: I suggest you take classes, look up tutorials on techniques (there is never just one way), watch videos, read books, written instructions, & reviews of tools/materials/etc, follow & support artists you admire (even from different mediums!), play, learn, practice, grow, never stop evolving, and most of all don’t rip off other peoples hard work. Be you. DO YOU!
I am still constantly researching & learning new things myself. I still struggle & fail in many aspects of my craft and business. The best advice I can give - Just. Keep. Going!
***Don’t forget to take care of yourself and your mental health. It’s so easy to get overwhelmed and burnt out in this fast paced world. So drink some water, take your meds, stretch your hands, spend some time in nature, turn off screens, and remember to breath.
Q: How do you beat social media algorithms? Share for a share?
A: The algorithms affect all of us the same way, and they change/adapt over time according to your use and your followers use. No one gets special treatment and there is not such thing as "trick/beat the algorithms".
Put in the time, do the work, be authentic and original (this means not stealing others posts, working style, or ideas), strive to improve your content/posts/photos, create a hashtag system that works for you, make a work/posting schedules, like/comment/share your followers/others in your field, collaborate with other artists/businesses, and above all, don’t be fooled into the “it’s the algorithms” mentality. Nothing is going to happen overnight, especially if you aren't putting in the work.
I occasionally share work from some of my favorite artists through social media, but I will NOT respond to comments/messages begging me to "share for share" or buy followers/programs to "enhance" my marketing.
Q: What brand of clay & tools do you use? / Where do you get your supplies?
A: All of my creatures are currently made from sculpey’s premo line of polymer clay (not vegan - sorry). I do not use paint, but I occasionally use chalk pastels, powdered mica pigments (shimmer), & uv resin for details.
I use a variety of tools, some purchased in kits on amazon.com, or local arts & crafts stores, others hand made from household items. The crystals and stone cabochons that I use for eyes are REAL and come from many places/sellers including my local stone shops and my personal collection from prospecting adventures (read: I dug them from the earth with my own hands).
Q: I love your work, but always miss your restocks/can’t afford it. Can I share your posts?
A: I truly appreciate that you enjoy my work enough to share it with others and I have no problems with anyone sharing my work (with proper credit & permission of course).
There are plenty of other wallet friendly ways to help support your favorite artists and small business too:
- Like their posts on social media
- Share/repost WITH proper credit
- Don’t steal or copy their work
- Tell your friends about them
- Leave nice/encouraging comments
- Buy their small Merch (pins, stickers, prints, etc).
- Support them on Patreon (and other similar platforms)
- Don’t haggle or beg for free work. This isn’t a flea market.
- Write reviews & share photos of pieces you have purchased
- Visit their vendor booths at events
- Don’t treat them like corporate machines. WE ARE NOT AMAZON.COM!
Q: May I draw or otherwise recreate your creatures?
A: I love seeing your fan art and tattoos! All I ask is that you please tag me @mishesofficial giving me proper credit and so I can see & share them!
However, I do NOT give you permission to flat out copy my work, even with credit, if you intend to sell it. I will enforce my copyrights and take legal action when necessary!
Not only does making a profit off of my original work hurt me & my business, but you are doing yourself a huge disservice as well. By all means, be inspired, but put in the time and work to make it your own.
A: All works of art on this website and posted to my social media accounts are copyrighted, including but not limited to: sculptures, figurines, photographs, coloring pages, stickers, pins, graphics, and writings. They are the sole intellectual property of Jes Hunter of Mishes, unless otherwise credited. I reserve the right to recreate, photograph, and otherwise use any of my works of art & related material (ex; graphics, written information, drawings, etc) at my discretion, for any reason.
Purchasing art from me does NOT transfer any copyright or reproduction rights to you. All rights remain with me, the artist. You may not mold, cast, scan, print, or otherwise reproduce my pieces in any way. Please do not use my photos without permission.
If you see my work (or reproductions) for sale anywhere other than MY official website, Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest accounts, consider it as stolen/scam! Please send links/screen grabs with date & time stamps to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and report it.
If you still have questions after reading through this FAQ, please send me an email at email@example.com.